Great River Area Faith in Action is a faith-based agency which provides an opportunity for people to live their faith by serving others.
Our 3 Core Competencies (main activities) include:
- Engaging the Church and community to meet the needs within it
- Empowering our clients
- Educating our communities
We are a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization. We focus on helping the elderly, family caregivers, people with disabilities, the poor and families in crisis through the many programs and services we offer.
- We provide both professional and volunteers services at Faith in Action.
- We work with well over 1,000 volunteers; they are screened, trained and go through an orientation process before they are matched with clients. Some volunteers provide direct service, doing things such as transporting seniors to medical appointments; cleaning, providing chore services and help with yard work or visiting. Some volunteers work in groups; cleaning, raking, building ramps or helping with moves. And some volunteers help in the office, providing phone ministry support, helping us with special events and fundraising.
- Our professionals serve with passion and purpose. They form a talented team from diverse disciplines who work together to meet the needs of the whole person. Our multidisciplinary team consists of a social workers and pastors, as well as nurses, educators, advocates and coaches.
- We offer a wide variety of programs for all ages. It might be easier to say what we don’t do–we don’t do food, provide emergency financial assistance, shelter or work with domestic abuse (but if you need those services we can help to connect you with those who do).
- Through our programs and services we focus on meeting the needs of the whole person–physical, emotional, social and spiritual. We use person-centered planning to help our clients identify and reach their goals.
- In all our programs we practice the philosophy of relationship-based care. Through caring relationships we empower, motivate and equip our clients.