Our professional staff members work alongside our local churches, volunteers, and family members to make up our We Care Team. By working together to help our neighbors in need we strengthen the fabric of our communities.
If you are a volunteer and would like to report your hours please click here.
If you are looking to become a volunteer please click here.
If you a member of a group that would like to volunteer please click here.
If your church, business, or organization are interested in group volunteering please click here.
Making a Difference:
Our volunteers tell us they love to do what they do–help people! They know they are making a difference in the lives of others, yet they are the ones who feel blessed. We are most grateful for each and every volunteer who shares their time, talents and treasure with Great River Faith in Action!
As a member of our We Care Team there are many opportunities to make a difference through direct service. We need volunteers to:
- Transport people to medical appointments and grocery store
- Help with homemaking–light housekeeping, vacuuming, dusting
- Provide chore services–yard work, snow shoveling, doing minor repairs, building wheelchair ramps
- Companionship–calling, visiting
- Respite–helping family caregivers by visiting with their loved one while they take a break
Whatever your gift or talent is, there is a place for you to serve at Great River Faith in Action!
As with all good things, we follow some structural elements:
- All ongoing volunteers must go through an orientation with our Volunteer Coordinators
- We screen and check references, as well as complete background checks on all volunteers
- All volunteers must follow policies and procedures on confidentiality and data privacy
- Volunteers report their hours on a monthly basis
- Training for volunteers on topics such as boundaries, safety, communication, 3 Story Living and reminiscing are provided and occasionally required