About Our Services:
- We provide both professional and volunteers services at Faith in Action.
- Our volunteers are members of our We Care Team. They are screened, trained and matched with a client in need of assistance. Some volunteers serve as drivers, transporting seniors on a regular basis to medical appointments; others may clean, provide chore services, visit or help with paperwork. Still others work in groups, raking, building ramps or helping with moves.
- Our professionals serve with passion and purpose. They form a talented team from diverse disciplines who work together to meet the needs of the whole person. Our multidisciplinary team consists of a social worker and pastor, as well as nurses, educators, advocates and coaches.
About Our Programs:
- We offer a wide variety of programs for all ages. It might be easier to say what we don’t do–we’re not a food shelf; we don’t provide financial assistance, emergency shelter or work with domestic abuse (but if you need those services we can help to connect you with those who do).
- Through our programs and services we focus on meeting the needs of the whole person–physical, emotional, social and spiritual. We use person-centered planning to help our clients identify and reach their goals.
- In all our programs we practice the philosophy of relationship-based care. Through caring relationships we empower, motivate and equip our clients.
DIRECTORY OF SERVICES:
- Live Well At Home Program:
Eldercare (Professional Case Consultation Services which help seniors to remain living at home)
Caregiver Support (Professional Coaching Services support family members who are taking care of a loved one who is aging or ill)
- Individuals & Families in Need:
Furniture 4 Families (Beds, medical equipment, furniture & other household goods for individuals or families in need)
Every Person Matters (Volunteer and other assistance for individuals under age 60 that help them to live independently)
- We Care Team:
Volunteers partner with us to help provide basic services to those in need of a helping hand. Volunteers serve in their community and based on their schedule. Some examples of volunteering include:
Minor home repairs
Use your skills & hobbies to help others
- Assisted Transportation:
Volunteers can also help provide essential rides for our clients to:
– Grocery shopping
– Other necessary errands
- The Bridging Project:
Youth making a BIG difference by serving others in their local community (Local missions work)
Adopt-a-Grandparent (Mentoring relationships)
- Educational Classes, Workshops & Conferences:
Self – Care
Living Well with Chronic Disease
Powerful Tools for Caregivers
Matter of Balance
- Support Groups:
Grief & Loss Recovery
Caring for a Family Member with Memory Loss
Living with Memory Loss (for those who are living with memory loss)
- Everyday Blessings Boutiqes & The GREAT Room~an Everyday Blessings Boutique
Our “unique boutiques” are more than a store! They support Faith in Action’s programs and services, and all proceeds stay in the local community.
Our stores are located at:
- 717 Main Street, historic downtown Elk River
- 12911 1st St, Becker (across from Country Lumber)