Become a Volunteer
Make a Difference in the Lives of Others
Why Become a Volunteer?
Great River Faith in Action is a nonprofit ministry that is volunteer-based. This means we need volunteers to help us fill the need in serving others. By working together to help our neighbors we strengthen the fabric of our communities. Come join us and become a volunteer today!
Our volunteers tell us they love doing what they do. They know they are making a difference in the lives of others, yet they are the ones who feel blessed. We are most grateful for each and every volunteer who shares their time and talents.
There are many opportunities to make a difference through direct service. We need volunteers to:
- Transportation – Transport people to medical appts. and the store.
- Companionship – Call, visit or visit and complete light housework for the senior in their home.
- Yard Work – Provide yard work–snow shoveling, raking leaves, weeding.
- Home Maintenance – Complete home maintenance doing minor repairs, building wheelchair ramps, installing grab-bar.
- Caregiver Break – Help family caregivers by visiting with their loved one while they take a break.
- Furniture – Help pick up or deliver furniture to individuals/families.
Whatever your gift or talent is there is a place for you to serve at Great River Faith in Action!
Steps to Become a Volunteer:
When you sign up to volunteer you can do as much or as little as you want. You are able to decline if you get called to serve and are too busy at that time. We appreciate any time you are able to give based on your schedule.
- Complete the volunteer sign up form to the right.
- Once approved you will complete orientation with our Volunteer Coordinator, and receive training on topics such as boundaries, safety, and communication.
Volunteer Sign Up:
Are you interested in volunteering, but have questions?
Call Great River Faith in Action at 763-263-0274 or complete the contact form.