Support groups are a place for people to give and receive both emotional and practical support, as well as to exchange information.
At Faith in Action we believe support groups are a valuable resource — a place where people can safely share their experiences and medical information; get confirmation their feelings are “normal”; educate others or just let off steam. Connecting with others who are dealing with the same issues as you are can foster hope and provide guidance, as well as emotional and spiritual support as you face life’s challenges.
- General Caregivers: 2nd Wednesday of month, 1:30-3 pm, Elk River Sr. Ctr.
- Caregiving for those with Memory Loss: 3rd Tuesday of month, 1:30-3 pm, Monticello Sr. Ctr.
- Caregiving for those with Memory Loss: 3rd Wednesday of month, 1:30-3 pm, Wellstead of Rogers
- Group for persons living with Memory Loss: 3rd Tuesday of month, 1:30-3 pm, Monticello Sr. Ctr.
- Caregiving Parkinson’s: 1st Tuesday of month, 1:30-3 pm, Monticello Sr. Ctr.
- Grief and Loss: 1st Wednesday of month, 2-3:30 pm, Monticello Sr. Ctr.
- General Caregivers: 4th Wednesday of every month (begins March 28) 1:30-3PM Elim Oasis Adult Day Health Care, Princeton
We hope to expand the number of support groups we offer in 2012. If you would like to attend a support group and don’t see one listed in your community, or if you have a suggested group forum, please contact Tricia, our Support Group Manager, at Tricia@gra-fia.com