2015 Newsletter End of Year FINAL Read our latest Newsletter!
Great River Area Faith in Action is a faith-based nonprofit organization that focuses on mobilizing volunteers, empowering our clients, and educating our communities and clients.
Established in February 2003, over the years we have grown, adding professionals and programs that allow us to support family caregivers, coordinate volunteer services, bridge generations and assist families in crisis. Throughout our growth we have remained true to our mission of promoting kind, compassionate, care to people who find life difficult because of age, disability or life circumstance.
In 2015 we served more than 2,000 individuals, families and households in the central Minnesota region with our programs and services. In addition, we worked with over 2,000 volunteers, who together provided more than 20,000 hours of service to help their neighbor in need.
As one of the largest volunteer agencies in this area, we are committed to strengthening our communities… one caring relationship at a time.
Our funding comes from many sources:
- We encourage those using our services to share in the cost of providing them
- Over 35% of our funding comes from local support including fundraisers and proceeds from our stores, Everyday Blessings Boutiques in Becker, and The GREAT Room, an Everyday Blessings Boutique, in Elk River. We also receive donations from family members of those we serve, as well as from other individuals, businesses and congregations
- Last year, approximately 12% of our funding came from grants from the Otto Bremer Foundation, the Three Rivers Community Foundation.
- We are presently funded in part under contract through the Central MN Council on Aging with Older Americans Act Dollars, accounting for about 20% of our funding
- And we currently have a LWAH grant, through the MN Department of Human Services, Aging Services Division, which accounts for almost 26% of our funding base.
We gladly accept furniture, home decor and household items. Your donations help to support our local community.