Great River Faith in Action brings together the hands and feet of Christ in caring for the needs of our neighbors, with a special focus on the elderly and families in need.
Great River Faith in Action’s Services:
- Transportation: We provide rides to the doctor and grocery store for seniors 60 years-old and older. (Please know we are not able to provide hands-on care, which means seniors need to be able to get to, enter, and exit the vehicle under their own strength. Walkers are permitted, but wheelchairs are not.)
- Companion Services: We provide in-person or over the phone friendly visits for seniors, friendly visits to give a caregiver a break, and friendly visits with light housework completed.
- Yard Work: Throughout the year we provide seasonal yard work, including: snow removal, mowing lawns and raking leaves.
- Home Maintenance: We will install grab-bars in bathrooms, complete simple home repairs, organize rooms, change smoke detector batteries and more.
- Furniture for Families: We collect donated household goods and new-or-used furniture (in excellent condition), and provide them to those in need. Click here for more information.
If you or a loved one is interested in our services, please give us a call or click here.
A Big Thank You to all the Sponsors of our 2018 Golf Scramble